[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/7796225/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/000000/” height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”top” theme=”custom”]
Unmasking Manipulators… and How To Escape Them!
You ever been there?
Someone in your life uses guilt, pressure, and tactics to get you to do something you don’t want to do…
It can feel like someone is holding a gun to your head and you are a hostage.
The only to escape the situation is to give in to their demands, but if you are honest with yourself, you know giving in will cost you…
And you know that after this situation the terrorist manipulator will return…
Believe me! I’ve dealt with some world class manipulators in my life! And sadly some of them used guilt, pressure, stories of my destruction, and even misapplied Bible scriptures to try and get me to give into their demands.
Truth is, we’ve all been there.
Sometimes though you can’t see it happening or recognize them when you are in the midst of it, and that’s what this podcast is for:
To help you Identify Manipulators… And how to Escape Them!
We’ll cover: 10 Signs of a Manipulator
- The MANIPULATOR doesn’t allow you to have your own opinion or point in disagreements.
- The MANIPULATOR has temper tantrums and threats when they don’t get their way.
- The MANIPULATOR consistently uses guilt to make you feel bad about the way they are treated when the opposite is really true.
- The MANIPULATOR expecting more and more from you and is never satisfied.
- The MANIPULATOR is always questioning your motives, and make you begin to doubt your ability.
- The MANIPULATOR constantly putts you down while lifting themselves up over you.
- The MANIPULATOR must have their way.
- The MANIPULATOR walks away from their responsibilities as leverage to control you.
- The MANIPULATOR finagles ways to impose their will in every situation.
- The MANIPULATOR threatens to end the relationship.
We go over some great stuff in all that and then we do the best part…
6 Ways to Deal With Manipulators
- Forgive and give yourself grace.
- Practice giving a diplomatic “no.”
- Use questions to push-back
- Use time as your ally.
- Confront the manipulator.
- Be Willing To Walk Away
Go For It!